Keeping You Connected—Even During an Outage
Backup power notice for residential telephone service
One of the key benefits of a landline phone is the peace of mind it brings—especially during an emergency. Your backup battery powers your home phone during power outages and was provided free of charge by Yucca Telecom during installation of your phone service.
Without a backup battery or alternate backup source such as a generator, customers with fiber based residential telephone service will not be able to make any calls, including emergency calls to 911, during a power outage. If your backup battery is more than 2-3 years old, it’s time to consider purchasing a replacement.
About your backup battery
- Lasts up to 8 hours on standby power, with at least 6 hours of talk time*
- Can ONLY be used to power residential phone service
- Cannot power other devices (home security services, medical devices, etc)
- Not rechargeable and must be replaced every 2-3 years
*Spare 8-hour and 24-hour batteries can be purchased to lengthen standby and talk time.
How to care for your battery
- Replace every 2-3 years, or when indicator light shows it is low or out of charge
- Store above 41ºF and below 104ºF
- Remove and test regularly to verify operation of backup battery and its condition
Environmental factors can shorten your battery’s useful life. Follow the detailed instructions included with your battery for proper use, storage, and care to ensure it will function as needed during an outage.
Purchasing a replacement
It’s easy to purchase a replacement battery or additional spares from Yucca Telecom or through a third party like Best Buy. If you have any questions, please call us at 1-575-226-2255, or email email@example.com.
If purchasing from us: we can help you with installation. An installation fee does apply for appointments during regular business hours, and an additional fee applies if you need your installation scheduled after-hours. Contact us for details.